The 21st Annual Christmas Parade of Lights, sponsored by the Vincennes Central Business District, will take place Nov. 22 in downtown Vincennes. The parade will begin at 6:30 p.m. with parade lineup at 5 p.m.
This year’s theme is “Christmas Movies.”
The parade rules are as follows:
- No item of any kind may be thrown, only handed out by unit pedestrians, safety will strictly be ob-served during the parade because of the darkness. You should plan to have walkers accompany your float to distribute goodies to the parade viewers if desired
- Fire extinguishers are MANDATORY. All moving units must have at least one fire extinguisher on board and accessible.
- Parade units must be kept moving forward. Special request for units to stop and perform along the parade route must be cleared by parade committee in advance and be requested on your application.
- No commercial themes allowed — i.e., intending to make profit
- Political units must be float entries by the respective political parties. No individual candidates.
- Names of sponsors must be made visible to parade spectators.
- All vehicles must be decorated and lighted except for tow vehicles.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed — if any unit including riders, drivers, and/or pedestrians is deemed intoxicated by the Parade Committee, the unit will be removed from the parade.
- The VCBD Santa Claus will have the place of honor in the Parade; accordingly, no other live Santas will be allowed in the parade.
- The parade committee reserves the right to reject any applications.
- Entries must be received by Nov. 18. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org